Monday, July 21, 2008

Feel Good Quotes

I'm a quote junkie. I love the small books you find with quotes in them that always make you cry, usually on your way out of Barnes that you just can't help but pick up and read. I think I like them mostly cuz I have a hard time reading long novels. I'm not very patient and like to get to the point. Here are some that always lift my spirits and remind me how lucky I am.

Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life.


The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there.

To laugh often and much;To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.This is to have succeeded.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.

No comments: